TL:DR – Respect, Thoughtfulness, Action
Half way through 10 days of meditation on Kindness. Decided to jot down a Kindness Manifesto. Here’s the current draft of a public declaration of intentions and values about Kindness:
- Act generously in spirit.
No one has it all figured out.
- “Nice” is different from good.
We’re born good. (Babies act very rude tho!)
- Soft heart + Hard Limits. Kindness isn’t a weakness.
Know its strength.
- Act thoughtfully.
Consider others and yourself.
- Respect the human experience.
Value all beings and yourself for what they are.
- Embrace benevolent honesty.
Insincerity and cruel truth help less often than you think.
- Decide with courage.
Character inspires confidence in each other.
- Connect. We learn more from each other when we feel safe.
- Display your values.
Especially when it’s inconvenient.
- Make mistakes.
Feelings and situations can’t be perfect. Fail with admiration of your abilities
- Show appreciation.
You think and feel it. Might as well show that you notice.
- Find playfulness in internal integrity. External reputation is less fun without it.
See also my Happiness Manifesto
Leave a Reply